Make your social responsibility and reputation a priority
Savvy consumers today prioritise brands that practice social responsibility by balancing their revenue initiatives with socially beneficial practices.
According to one study, over half of U.S. consumers now place these values into their buying choices. Even more surprising, 66% of consumers are willing to pay more for goods from brands that demonstrate social commitment.
Marketing professionals have made it a point to highlight their social responsibility efforts in marketing campaigns to attract customers who want to make a positive difference with their purchases. These include:
- Promoting recyclable packaging
- Promotions that spread awareness of societal issues
- Directing portions of profits to charity and wellbeing programmes
- Running one-for-one campaigns to donate products to those in need
- Having company sponsored community services or activities
- Promoting fair trade
Finely balancing representation and inclusivity
Marketing and advertising professionals have made great strides in diversity, equality, and inclusion over the last couple of years, but there is still work to do to refine and expand this area. It’s more important than ever to ensure your marketing tactics don’t alienate portions of your target audience.
Here are a few benefits of getting it right:
- Your business becomes a positive force toward furthering diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Resonating with a larger audience will lead more people to trust your brand, value your authenticity, drive customers to buy from you.
Boost your customers confidence and make them feel safe with you
Due to recent highlighted controversies regarding privacy and security, companies are developing new systems to ensure customers feel secure when sharing their personal information. Identity theft and data breaches have always existed, but the rise in sophisticated cyberattacks recently has consumers realising just how vulnerable their data can be if systems are not in place.
It’s more than ever important that your customers feel safe when interacting with your brand digitally, upgrading your companies privacy policies and systems will go a long way to reinforcing and building trust.
How will you show your customers that you care?
Let us know.
#418makesithappen #socialresponsibility #companiesthatcare